Tuesday 10 February 2015

All in a DayZ work.

Today, I am reviewing DayZ (I would have reviewed the Resident Evil Remake but I haven't carried on with it, damn you Battlefield Hardline Beta).



Note: This is a VERY early access game, so all the things I talk about and complain about are subject to change, I will post another review when it releases into Beta and then when it releases into a full game.

DayZ, the most infamous Early Access game on Steam. DayZ started out as a mod for a game called ArmA 2, which the ArmA series is the successor to a Operation Flashpoint games. DayZ was really the first game to kick off this whole "Zombie Survival" craze that has come about in recent years. I loved the mod, it had its flaws but its flaws is what made it.

So, the year is 2013, it is near Christmas. You are looking for a zombie survival game to play with your friends, but they don't have ArmA 2 and the DLC. DayZ released on the 16th December 2013, to much delight from the ever growing community. But people were also angry. People were mad that it wasn't a finished game, the amount of bugs, glitches and hackers put many off in the beginning, including myself.

Fast forward to today (8th Feb 2015) and it has just released v0.53. It has come A LONG way since the first version. They have really taken on board what the community says. In the beginning there were about 3 different types of clothing, two guns and the bare minimum of buildings that could be entered. Now there are so many types of clothing (military, civilian and clothing made out of animal leather), animals, a couple cars, more guns, the option for suicide, the ability to tie people up and almost the buildings can be entered.

Sure there are still bugs, like zombies going through walls and random dying from falling off a ladder but it is miles better than the competition (H1Z1 is miles off from being DayZ and does anyone still play Infestation Survivor stories).

I've had many a fun time in DayZ with my clan, including the clan battles (will link a Twitch VoD in at the bottom) but I've had many a rage moments in the early days from hackers and glitches.

I would recommend this game if you are a zombie game fan.

(sorry for the late upload, been getting college assignments completed before I go on holiday)

This weeks music choice is a rap about one of my favourite indie games that is on steam and on the internet, Town of Salem. Made by BoyinaBand and Minx.

No comments:

Post a Comment