Sunday 25 January 2015

My pet hate in gaming.

My pet hate in gaming, I am sure it is every legit gamer's pet hate also. Hackers....



It was only just yesterday that I was playing DayZ with my clan when 4 of us murdered by a hacker. How do we know he was a hacker? Simple, none of us heard a gun shot and some of us were at separate parts of the North West Air Field (or NWAF for short). I was mad, my character who had been alive for no more than 3 hours and being fully geared killed by some script kiddie. Sure, I would be mad if I had died legit but it is the fact that some script kiddie killed me that makes me even more mad.

So, after the last person alive recovered the valuable gear, we got most of our gear back, another "hacker" joined the server and killed me, we know he was a hacker as we only heard the crack of the bullet, we heard no impact and non of my gear was ruined. I then lost the rest of my gear because I couldn't recover it off my body as my body disappeared because I was within 100m of it and no-one took the gear off my body so it wouldn't also despawn.

Another (more public) incident happened this week, semi-pro player Flex was banned off ESEA servers in Counter Strike: Global Offensive this week for 'cheating' on which Flex later admitted that he did cheat. A video of the event is below.

What can we do about hackers? Not a lot really, there is not a lot developers can do except keep their eyes out and ban anyone they can and find ways to stop common cheats. 

So what is your pet hate in gaming? How do you think we could combat hackers? Let me know and till next week.

And my song of the week is GG by DaPlaque. Best of all of his music is royalty free, meaning you can use it in intros and outros without worrying about copyright strikes against your videos or livestreams!

1 comment:

  1. Dude the flood of game cheaters and hackers is too BIG to battle, lol. I honestly don't mind until it rears it's ugly head in my game. Meaning being affected in my game by a modded or hacker. What happened to you and your friends was just messed up and it ruins your good times. If most cheaters would stay to themselves it would be ok but, most want to jump around and mess with others who play the game legit.. And it's sad.. That was another good blog my friend. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete